quote:
Originally posted by Dave:

I wasn't "baiting you" to respond - you could have just ignored a polite question.

Still, your answer is interesting. There are Biblical scholars who have discussed that section of the Bible...how does it go, "For a rich man shall not pass into heaven anymore than a camel shall not pass through the eye of a needle." I have read that this is very likely to be an error in transcription: no one would think of something so absurd as a camel passing through a needle's eye - it was more likely to be a reference to a camel hair.

And wasn't it Paul who was responsible for the New Testement's dissemination?

I have some more comments on what you've said... but I'll leave you be now Dave. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I think that was the point Dave. A camel Hair is not impossible to get through the eye of a needle, but a camel is. It's that hard for a rich man to get into Heaven. The assumption is that Rich people are more into wordly goods, possessions and secular behavior. Most wealthy people probably don't think of god as blessing them with wealth (Yes, that's an assupmtion..certainly not 100% true). If their eyes are on their wealth then they probably aren't on God. this is a parallel to jesus' statement about not storing treasures for yourself on earth-where moth and rust destroy and thieves steal. But store them in Heaven where they can live eternally. Basically, Put your effort into your soul, "Christian" ideals, and prayer...where they will be rememebered in heaven and reward you in the afterlife. better that than to live well and fat on earth and not share in a Heavenly afterlife and instead get the "Second" death......