quote:
Originally posted by Matter-eater Man:
Are hermaphrodites damned if they sleep with anybody or do they have an open playing field?

Some attribute all birth defects to being purposeful..and not random. Either there to test the faith of the family or because there is a family curse that perpetuates God's judgement generation after generation. So, some would say the hemaphrodite should worry more about figuring out "why" they are a hemaphrodite..rather than "who" they should be sleeping with. i read abook on generational curses once where theories like this were raised and evidenced, but it's been a while. The writer also said that Homosexuality was a result of a generational family curse.

Not saying I share the belief, but from a biblical viewpoint it gives credance to homosexuality being genetic rather than learned behavior as some believe. The arguement was definitley not compassionate, but was interesting. But I personally am more inclined to believe something like that than simply believing homesexuality being a choice rather than genetic.