quote:
Originally posted by Dave the Wonder Boy:
You might as well try to argue that TIME, OMNI, PLAYBOY and POPULAR MECHANICS are worthless news sources too, just because they publish articles aimed at the general public.

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Jackson:

This is very interesting. That's twice in discussions with me in this forum that you've put words in my mouth. I never said big business was evil (in another forum) and I never said that PSYCH TODAY was worthless.

But it's not a scholarly journal. Things that get published in it do not have to adhere to the rigors that have to be maintained when trying to get a pub in a scholarly periodical.

Hope this helps.

Jim

I can't be blamed for your own lack of clarity. Clearly, you are dismissive to whatever degree of PSYCHOLOGY TODAY as a reliable source of information. You come back and act as if I jumped to some kind of outrageous conclusion.

Here's exactly what you said:

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Jackson:

"See the editorial from the editor of Psychology Today that I posted above"

PSYCHOLOGY TODAY is not a scholarly periodical. It's a popular magazine aimed at untrained readers.

You clearly imply some kind of deficiency in its quality of information. I didn't mistake anything.

In the other topic, you expressed a distrust of big business. I countered that big business builds our economy, and provides jobs and benefits to tens of millions.

Hope this helps.