quote:
Originally posted by Dave the Wonder Boy:

Someone can be happy smoking crack every day, but just because they're happy smoking crack doesn't mean they're not an addict, and would actually be happier if their root issues that led to their addiction were addressed.

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Jackson:

You want to equate homosexuality with drug addiction? Drug addiction starts with a choice. Being gay does not.

Believing that homosexuality is "not a choice" is an unproven belief system, as scientifically unproven as bleeding and alchemy.

Many others categorize homosexuality --as I said, including psychological professionals-- as a treatable obsessive-compulsive disorder, just as drug addiction, alcoholism, pedophilism, sado-masochism, gambling, and many other disorders are treatable.

And I hasten to add, that pedophilism and other psychological disorders are being pushed by psychologists to be removed from the list of psychological disorders ALSO , just as homosexuality has recently been. (see the top of page 23 of this topic for the linked article)
That, to me, is quite telling, about just how "healthy" and psychologically normal homosexuality really is.