quote:
Originally posted by klinton:
quote:
Originally posted by Dave the Wonder Boy:
All I ask is they do it behind closed doors, and don't harass the rest of us with what they believe.

That's exactly what I want. Take your own advice for once. Please.
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Jackson:
And I'll take being a jerk over being a narrow-minded, bigoted fascist any day.

You Christians sure turn the other cheek well, don't ya? One more phoney.

JJ

I believe "fascist" would apply to those who repress all dissent to impose their own rules. That would be your side.

Love the cheap shots and insults. You seem oblivious to the hypocrisy of your own repressive views toward those who don't share your opinion. Which would, of course, make YOU the true phony.

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Jackson:
quote:
Dave the Wonder Boy:

Ah, back to personal insults.

No, not meant as an insult. You said earlier you'd like it if gays kept what they do with each other behind closed doors. IOW, you don't want to have to deal with it. OK, let's make the reverse happen. YOU do the same thing. Keep your dislike for gays out of everybody else's face.
Oh, I guess all the other profanity and character assassination wasn't meant as insult either?

You guys seem to feel that as long as you rip on conservatives and people who disagree with your views, THAT is freedom of expression and democracy.

But as soon as I or anyone else voices a counter-viewpoint of dissent, then we need to be shut up and silenced. You guys would make great communists.

You seem oblivious to the fact that what you advocate is VERY much in my face, and stomps on the values of myself and a majority, who see a decadent and corrosive influence on American --and global-- culture, based on the wrongheaded acceptance of the perversion that you advocate.

As I said, the level of sexual decadence and vulgarity in our popular culture is a direct result of the American society's acceptance of gay culture and other sexual abberations to the level that they're accepted already, over the last 30 years. And there's never a point of satiation for liberals, it's always more, more, more.
Even as the destructiveness of what has ALREADY been accepted is quite evident. Drugs. Promiscuous sex. Increasingly prevalent group sex. Teen pregnancy. Sexually transmitted diseases. High school shootings. Ever increasing divorce rates and single parenting. Rampant and pointless cynicism, exemplified by "Goth" and other subcultures.
And just an unbearably rude and vulgar culture.

I don't know how you can rationalize further reforms, based on the obvious destructiveness of what's already occurred.
I should be calling YOU names.