quote:
Originally posted by Jim Jackson:
"It is not your right, as a minority view, to tell a majority that they don't have a right to their beliefs, and a right to VOICE those beliefs."

Fine. You voice your beliefs that you feel are in a majority. This is America.

But I can tell you this...on a personal level, I am making sure that my children recognize bigots like you who want to cloak yourself in the Bible and pseudoscience to push your agenda of hate.

And the obligation of the majority is not to trod all over the minority. This is America.

Yeah. As long as you get to shut out all opposing views and hijack American culture with your own beliefs, this "is America".

You're clearly bigoted and stereotyping of any views that oppose your own.

If you had your way, I and those who share my beleifs would have no representation, and you could just railroad your own agenda right over us, and to hell with our rights. God knows, if your side hasn't shut us out, it isn't for the lack of trying. I'd say the term "bigot" is more applicable to your side, who can't even have a reasoned discussion of both sides of the issue without getting ugly, vicious, and vulgar.

Us conservatives at least respectfully listen to what you have to say.
You liberals want to deprive us of even having a voice, because you oppose what we have to say.

I'm allowed to have an opinion, as long as I can't voice it, right?