quote:
Originally posted by klinton:
quote:
Originally posted by Dave the Wonder Boy:

You guys seem to feel that as long as you rip on conservatives and peole who disagree with your views, THAT is freedom of expression and democracy.

No...It's you who's twisting my intent. I was merely pointing out (for at least the 4th time in this "discusion") that you seem to feel that your definition of morality is the definitive, all powerful measuring stick. That's just not the case. You want me to live my life behind closed doors and out of your face. I want you to keep your opinions and beliefs behind your doors. Feel free to think what you want about me and others like me. Just do not expect to impose your definition of right and wrong upon me. How can you not see the absolute arrogance of your stance? You say I'd make a good communist...but you my friend make a damned fine nazi.
YOU'RE the one representing the 2% who is trying to change the definition of marriage out from under the 98% majority.

YOU'RE the one trying to not only live your life the way you want, but to pass laws that change my ability to practice my lifestyle and force me to accept a standard of "marriage" that is in polar opposition to what the Bible clearly states.

I'd be content (and was for 10 years) to allow spousal benefits for gays, and a don't-ask-don't-tell policy for gays in the military. That was the balance for 10 years. But that's not good enough for your kind.

BWe see that gays and liberals are not content with a balance where conservatives and gays both get to practice what we believe, you have to force a national standard that forces your beliefs on ALL of us !
I ask you : which side has proven to be intolerant of a balance?

And when you cross that line, to hell with you. I don't support ANY rights for gays now, because it's clearly just a beach-head from which to push ever-increasing concessions from the mainstream.

Any concession of rights just results in ever increasing push for greater permissiveness, greater decadence. And greater loss of freedom for conservatives.

Basically you feel that you have a right to attack conservatives and push for gay rights (i.e., greater decadence).
But that conservatives should "just shut up" and take it, and don't have a right to respond, or even voice a counter-argument. You clearly have a very warped concept of democracy.