This is a horse that has died many times! It's like a gay Canadian version of SeaBiscuit!

I think views are changing not because of some moral degradation but because gays are not hiding anymore & there is less ignorance about homosexuality. Gays were a bit of a boogie man & it's so easy to fear or ascribe traits to something like that. Now it's harder to do because Joe Average is much more likely to know somebody who is gay. That gay person may be a jerk or a nice guy but either way it's a person that very unlikely fits the stereotype an opposing side likes to advocate.

I wouldn't mind getting married to my boyfriend. Considering we've been together for over 13 yrs, I think most people would agree we should have some legal protections. It's actually pretty nice seeing even the dissenting posters agree on that. Dave the Wonder Boy you bring up some pretty ugly imagery in respect to how gay marriage affects you & your religion but beyond that, where does it actually affect it? Even if/when gay marriages became legal in this country, your church certainly wouldn't be forced to have them. It would be like forcing a Baptist Church to perform a Jewish ceremony- not going to happen. So your right's remain unchanged.