DaveTWB, you can rationalize the "your kind" remark however you wish.

But I will endeavor to return this to a civil discussion. You have to understand, Dave, that for you, it's "an issue." For many of the rest of us, it's life. Please, despite whatever religious conviction you hold, don't lose sight of that. I believe Jesus argued for compassion...

If a professional psychologist wishes to ask the question of whether or not homosexuality is, as you put it, a "healthy state of mind," then let him or her. As a trained research psychologist, I would not support any activist trying to smother the asking of that question. But I still wonder just how many of my psychology brethren hold the idea that it is not...

A problem is, though, that it will be extremely difficult...perhaps even impossible...to tease out whether or not it is HOMOSEXUALITY wholly in and of itself that is at the root of why any client presents at a psychotherapist's office.

Regarding reorientation therapy...there are a whole can of worms that can open up in this arena that impact on its validity and overall usefulness. How long term is the success? If you aim at just changing behaviors, have you really "reoriented" the gay person at a cognitive level? If you "reorient" someone, were they really gay in the first place, or were they just bisexual or suffering from some other kind of sexual confusion?

Jim