Quote:

Animalman said:
Quote:

Dave the Wonder Boy said:On the contrary, as I've detailed repeatedly, it changes the definition of marriage and the integrity of Christianity, if our culture permits gay marriage.

But that doesn't affect you personally. You can still consider homosexuality immoral and wrong, if you so choose. You don't have to change your views.

Quote:

Dave the Wonder Boy said:If gays are recognized as a "legitimate" minority, then a Christian who owns a business doesn't have the right to not hire a gay person whose lifestyle they don't agree with.

Unless being gay affects the success of the business, why should they care what lifestyle an employee has? Shouldn't the person also have the right to not be discriminated against?

Quote:

Dave the Wonder Boy said:And ULTIMATELY, Christian parents attempting to raise their children teaching them Biblical principles, don't have the ability to prevent public schools from teaching a contradictory values system about homosexuality, without public school teachers and the entire system undermining the core values these parents are trying to teach their children.

Inherit the Gay Wind?

I suppose when you send your children to public school(or most any school, really), you run the risk of having the teacher imprinting their own personal values on your child, even if those values contradict your own.

In my opinion, parents should present enough information to allow their children to make up their own mind about their beliefs, and support their decision as best they can. That way each child is an individual, and not merely an extension of the parent. I've seen far too many kids spouting off ideas they clearly are just reciting, as if they are their own.

Quote:

Dave the Wonder Boy said:All that shows is the liberal/pro-gay propaganda already in britney's words "your influence is growing", and have swayed a whole generation away from the true Biblical perspective.

That's one interpretation. Mine is that it shows that people are finally starting to open their eyes, and are beginning to see just how hypocritical our society is, preaching freedom and equality yet denying it to those that simply wish to peacefully go about their lives.

Quote:

Dave the Wonder Boy said:And as I said, to even quote Biblical verses that say homosexuality is immoral, can ALREADY be considered a "hate crime" in Canada.

"Hate crime"? A person can be arrested or fined in Canada for reciting biblical verses suggesting homosexuality is immoral?

Quote:

Dave the Wonder Boy said:It's ALSO not 40% of the public in this survey that endorses and embraces the gay lifestyle, it's 40% of people saying yeah, sure whatever, let them marry if they want to.

I never said it was the percentage of people endorsing or embracing the gay lifestyle, I said it was the percentage of people in favor of allowing gays to marry. That's "changing the definition of marriage", as you said, because such activity is currently illegal in this country.

So, my point still stands.

Quote:

Dave the Wonder Boy said:But again, that's assuming the survey can even be trusted to be an accurate representation of what our nation truly thinks. (As the poll says, just over 3,000 people were surveyed for their opinion, out of a U.S. population of 290 million people. And as others have said, the way questions are asked in a poll can get the kind of answers someone wants.}.

If you question this poll, then I guess I should question the one you constantly reference with your "2% of the population is gay" comments. After all, polls are just samples, estimations, educated guesses.

Quote:

Dave the Wonder Boy said:It was at precisely this point I became aware of gays as an intolerant and downright militant political force, who intimidate their critics into silence.

You make them sound like the mafia.

I have a few anecdotes of my own. I remember waking up after my best friend's 13th birthday party to find "Jesus Killer" written in red paint(so as to look like blood, I'm assuming) on the side of his house. Not one of the more pleasant experiences from my childhood.

There isn't a group of people(racial, religious, etc) that doesn't have a few individuals of radically different thinking.

Every last one of these nitpicking dissections of yours toward my quoted answers has already been addressed.

Basically, all you've done is come back and say you don't like my answers, and spun them into a nullified category through disinformation. Which is consistent with most of the responses to what I've said, by many here.

You obviously disagree with what I've said.

I obviously have a different perspective than you.

A perspective grounded in three key areas:

1. One that is based in the clear and undeniable fact that homosexuality is clearly condemned by the Bible.

Arguments for gay marriage can only make their case by circumventing and hiding that incontrovertible fact.

2. That while those in the psychiatric profession who oppose homosexuality are an apparent minority, that while that perspective is presently unpopular (i.e., that it bucks the gay/liberal holy war to legitimize homosexuality, no matter what the true facts are, and suppresses conservative dissent in the professional psychiatric community through bitter slander and intimidation) that even so, psychologists who argue that homosexuality is a pathology have just as much scientific weight, despite their perspective not being the dominant one.
Jim Jackson acknowledged that there are many schools of thought in the psychological community. The fact that the pro-gay sect can't tolerate the opposing view, and struggles so hard to trash and discredit those who view homosexuality as pathological, only gives weight to the political (as opposed to scientific) motivation to do so. A liberal holy war on progress.

3. That gay activists are prone to organized harassment and even violence toward those who oppose their perspective. It's not "some" or "just a few", as you, klinton and others allege. It's a clear and consistent PATTERN, of the same tactics that Nazi Germany used to crush all dissent: Propaganda, intimidation, threats, even violence.
Which I find ironic, as your side wraps itself in democratic freedom and the right to belief and expression, even as they go --consistently-- way beyond democracy's parameters to silence opposition.

Clearly, gays (and the liberals who support their cause) only believe in "freedom" as long as their side is exercising freedom. Even a lone dissenting conservative voice has to be harassed and intimidated into silence.