Quote:

Pardon the insensitivity, but cry me a river. I went through a very similar experience and I'm straight. There are a few crucial differences, but not the point.

I get beat up a lot too, and I also get called faggot and [censored] and [censored] head, and so on and so forth. I just pretty much beat em' up right back.

Coulda gotten married, shoulda gotten married, woulda gotten married. Don't blame circumstance on bad luck. We're all dealt cards with or without such factors, no matter. The severity is no different.

Also, there is no minority created by God. He judges us equally for sins that we commit (to us Christians and Catholics anyway). Homosexual acts are one of those sins. So don't start whining about being singled out.

Can't imagine how someone so charming gets beat up so much? Marriage wasn't an option for him & his lover. It is for you. While his boyfriend's death would have still been tragic he wouldn't have had to dealt with crappy relatives having more rights.

Captain Sammitch wrote:
quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Matter-eater Man:
If you can make allowances for the whackos on your side who pull crap you disagree with,(like bombing abortion clinics or the GodHatesFags.com people) why then not make the same concession for the other side's?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I never claimed any of those characters as being on my 'side'. I'm trying to politely disagree in a generally positive and groovy way. And I'm sure most of you on either side are the same way - at least in intent, if nothing else. I bailed from this thread because it was getting dragged out into debating the legitimacy of homosexual lifestyles - which is not the original intent of this thread, at least not the way I saw it. Plus, I realized that I was also taking cheap shots at people I didn't agree with, and the way we're doing this now, it's almost impossible for any of us to discuss this issue in a fair, reasonable, level-headed fashion.
I personally think that posters on both sides of this issue are taking the whole thing way out of proportion. Regardless of who is complaining about the other's lack of pluralism or fairness, very few of you have been objective and understanding to the point where you're justified in crying foul on others.
For me, it's not about who's right or wrong in this thread anymore. Sometimes, the outcome of a battle is less important than how it was fought. And almost all of us have been fighting dirty at one point or another.
So please don't play the victim in this, any of you. Put down the cheap shots and personal attacks, and follow the lead of those on this thread who are engaged in constructive activities. And yes, disagreement can be constructive.
Just my two cents. "

I was not aiming those comments at you but pointing out that Dave the Wonder Boy has on occassion pointed out that he may be be prolife & antigay(insert whatever the pc conservative term is for antigay), bombing an abortion clinic or celebrating a gay bashing victim's death isn't something he endorses. It's a point worth bringing up IMHO because when it comes to say a rabid gay activist or organization he has no problem stating we're all like that or at least endorse that type of behavior. So he can make some distinctions between extreme activism if it concerns his side of an issue but if it falls on the other side it's evidence & reflective of the whole.

Dave the Wonder Boy, I think where I live you actually wouldn't be able to fire me for being gay. Many large metro areas have included language that protects sexual orientation. Your comparison of the Christian not being able to evangelize is hardly comparable to the gay person (who may be a Christian also) just simply existing in the workplace. I would imagine if that gay person tried converting somebody into another gay that would be more comparable to the Christian trying to evengelize on the company's dime. In any case no amount of legislation really prevents an employer from getting rid of an employee who is suspected of being gay. They can always find a legal reason to fire or terminate employment.

In general whats at risk for you is really what other people think of you & your stance. In this country the KKK is still allowed & protected to organize, why would people such as yourself be allowed less than they? This country protects your right & in so doing protects mine.

Fair play!