Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
The President is today publically saying for the first time that he would support a Constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage.

Great. Use the document created by the Fore Fathers for the express purpose of expanding citizens' rights to decrease citizens' rights.

Damn, I do hate this president.

Jim

Or more accurately: SAVING the rights of those who believe marriage is one man/one woman, protecting that definition, which has endured for over 6000 years, from perversion.

I've already described the symbolic purity and commitment of marriage, as defined in the Bible, for practicing Christians and Jews.
And the clear view of homosexuality in the Bible, chapter and verse, from Genesis forward. Something morally impure, and a precursor of Armageddon, could never be endorsed in any legitimate Judao/Christian ceremony.

And separately from the Bible, the significance of marriage for those in Islamic, Buddhist, and Hindu cultures.

It's only secularist schmucks in Europe and North America who decadently oppose the will of the overwhelming majority of their populations, to sneak pro-gay rulings into law, through unlawful channels, bypassing legislation and consent of the majority, which allows these abberrations to become law.

Again:

If gays want to have civil union, that is acceptable to me. But changing the definition of marriage is absolutely unacceptable.

It is not even about rights, for gays pushing this agenda. It's about secularist liberals maliciously trying to undermine every last vestige of religious rights and institutions.

--------------------

"This Man, This Wonder Boy..."