Quote:

KrazyXXXDJ said:
Quote:

Dave the Wonder Boy said:

Being gay is not the same as being black or white or some other race. Being gay is a lifestyle choice.

I really HATE it when people use this in debates - especially when it's straight people trying to accomodate for what they fear or don't understand. Being OUT and gay is a lifestyle choice - the rest, is NOT KNOWN.

Dave, until you live a homosexual lifestyle, until you actually walk in a homosexual's shoes (and not just assume what it must be like), you can NOT state this as a fact, or even something you have any knowledge of. It is the exact same as saying you know what it is to be Chinese, or Black, or whatever - because unless we actually are, we simply don't, and can't.

Continue your debate, I welcome that - but don't throw out assumptions as facts.

No matter what scientific topics you pull up in favor of choice and lifestyle, I can challenge those with just as many of genetics.

The truth is that the answer is still unknown.

What I want to know is, just exactly *how* does allowing two homosexuals to marry (or drug addicts, as you like to use that so much) devalue YOUR wedding vows, or as a heterosexual male, anything you do? What difference does it make, to YOU, exactly? How does it threaten YOU? Nothing is being taken from YOU. I don't understand exactly why two people who love each other threatens YOU and YOURS so terribly. When it boils down to it, it really doesn't.

We could go into a whole other debate, which I won't start here - about how it really DOESN'T affect you - it just keeps us out of the legal systems so Christian America doesn't have to recognize us as an equal people - but out of being curious, I'd really like to know.

no actually Dave is right.