Quote:

Jim Jackson said:

PS. The reason I aim any of this at you is because you're the biggest mouth and potentially the narrowest mind on this subject in this forum.

I think you're just a jackass, who needlessly drags this issue out because of some kind of vendetta against me.

The big mouth and narrow mind insult, it seems to me, more aptly applies to you.
I generally try not to insult, except in retaliation for comments directed at me that can't be ignored, and excluding that situation, simply try to discuss the issue. Whereas you insult me in pretty much every post.

The other points you raise have already been answered in the topic. Most of them at least 20 times. Learn to read.

~

Thanks for your comments, Capt. Sammitch. The psychological counselors I first mentioned on page 22 of this topic similarly have people come to them (as opposed to approaching gays).
And reading their treatment criteria (at their link), it's clear that they likewise present a loving, welcoming and nurturing environment to get gays introduced to an alternative to the homosexual lifestyle, and clearly have the goal in mind of allowing them to live happier and more fulfilling lives.
As opposed to the God hates homosexuals and You're going to Hell approach of some evangelist groups.
Which as you say, is offputting.
( I don't want to imply that what your church does is identical to what this group of psychologists does. I'm sure it's not. Just that they have a vaguely similar loving/caring approach, as opposed to a fire-and-brimstone approach )

I only raise the "abomination" Biblical description here in this topic because others have alleged that Judao-Christian marriage is compatible with gay marriage. And in answer to that, have made clear what the Bible says, consistently throughout.

But that's not how I'd approach a gay person, unless a gay person alleged that Biblical marriage and gay marriage are compatible. Which has been done many times in this topic.