Quote:

Pariah said:
Quote:

"I made a covenant with my eyes not to look with lust upon a girl. I know full well that the Almighty God sends calamity on those who do" (Job 31:1-3, The Living Bible).

"You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.' But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart" (Matthew 5:28).

Venial sin. Not required in confession. ACTING upon lust however is a mortal sin and therefore required for confession.

God's more lenient than the apostles and prophets because they have to sruggle so much to keep themselves in check. St. Augustine is the greatest example of overdoing......Strictness when it comes to sex in the church. He created the biggest stigma using his desired lifestyle as an example. His trouble in converting from a player into a chaste person was really hard, so he always spoke with a lot of harshness. Circumstances differ, but this isn't unlike the reasons for the outlooks the others adopted.

Anyway, the way I'm seeing it, those verses are telling us to be careful. Period. Temptation is hard to overcome.

So despite that they say one thing it really means something else? Where is God more lenient? In Leviticus he's very strict on sperm usage & in some fairly strange ways (by todays standards at least) but I don't see him being more lenient.

Fair play!