Quote:

Pariah said:
Quote:

On the same note, it also establishes you're not BORN straight either. Your sexuality develops as you grow older.

But then the whole "choose to be gay" issue is mainly one of people wanting to find excuses to hate. If you can argue that people CHOOSE a life of persecution and discrimination, then you really don't have to feel bad about being the one doing the persecuting. After all "they CHOOSE to offend me and bring it upon themselves with their choices in life".

Again:

It seems you totally ignored the issue and drifted off course just to launch another smear campaign. Yeah, I'm pretty much not surprised.

I think I made it rather apparent that I'm arguing that people CHOOSE to go about using their bodies in an unhealthy, wrong, and particularly dangerous manner. Of course me main qualms with same sex marriage arise because it is an abomination, but because I've actually been focusing on the latter line of reasoning moreso, allow me to get a bit more in depth.

I don't belive we choose to be anything. It all just happens due to a conglomeration of random events that shape us. Those same events lead us to have attractions to our own sex, small boys/girls, to kill people because it SEEMS right, cannibalize, etc.. I don't NECESSARILY think that people CHOOSED to be the way they are (I believe that a great deal of people choose, but they're beside the point because of their particular statistic). I do, however, believe that people CHOOSE to do and not do what they percieve as faulty actions. Whether it FELT natural or not would make no difference in this case. It is in this right that I see gay people CHOOSING to be gay. To reiterate: Yes, I am comparing homosexuality to the numerous existing fetishes and psychological disorders that exist. No different than my depression or that lady who lives across the street from me who's into bondage.....

It may sound like I'm being very strict, but it is indeed possible to avoid or (especially in this case) overcome being gay. I see it no differently than me forcing myself to not touch myself. All of you who don't share my opinion may consider this repression of emotion, sexual energy, whatever! But consider the following:

You've actually stumbled onto a corellation here Whomod. We choose to do right or wrong. That's a given......

Now, we know that being straight is the only natural sexual establishment. And we also know that having homosexual sex is the wrong way to go about: A) Stimulating nerves and Reproduction.

We also know that promoting hate is wrong and spreading peace right. Hate is unhealthy in every sense of the word, it's unhealthy even in the ways I described up top.

So lets break it down:

Hate is wrong and causes damage, therefore, we must CHOOSE to stay away from it.

Homosexuality is wrong and causes damage, therefore, we must CHOOSE to stay away from it (just like you want us to CHOOSE to stay away from a life of discriminating and persecuting).

Hey look at that! I found a connection between societal etiquette and religious/moral (Catholic in my case) constraint.

See where your wrong in the homosexual/fetish comparison it doesn't take into account love. You and others that do this never get past the sexual act. Being in a 14 plus year monogomous relationship, I can tell you it's not lust but love that has kept the boyfriend & I together. Any straight or gay couple thats been together for any length of time will tell you that. You say "We know" but actually I don't think you do. Now I could have made different choices ranging between celibacy & promiscuity but no matter what, my attraction for the same sex would still be there.

Fair play!