Quote:

Pariah said:
Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:

See where your wrong in the homosexual/fetish comparison it doesn't take into account love. You and others that do this never get past the sexual act. Being in a 14 plus year monogomous relationship, I can tell you it's not lust but love that has kept the boyfriend & I together. Any straight or gay couple thats been together for any length of time will tell you that. You say "We know" but actually I don't think you do. Now I could have made different choices ranging between celibacy & promiscuity but no matter what, my attraction for the same sex would still be there.

Hey, I never said love couldn't exist there. Love can be extraordinarily deep in any direction you point at. But love is symbolized in many other ways than sex (this goes under straight relationships as well). Sexual pleasure (even tainted pleasure) doesn't have to be the only way to get a point across that you love someone. That was the excuse that the people of NAMBLA and (their female counterpart) Butterfly Kisses used. Just because you see it as A way to love someone, doesn't mean it should be seen as an applicable way.

Example (note: I've already gone over the dangers of homosexual sex and the fetish qualities it hones): What if someone wanted to establish that they loved someone with an equally dangerous method by killing themself--What's worse is if they would get a sort of sexual gratification out of the act.

Anyway, my point is that you can't use that type of justification here. Principle would call for us to allow any type of form of symbolism of love between two people or.......Things (in a noticeably OR subtlely dangerous fashion). Remember that you can't use statistics and majority to help your case either. The whole point of homosexuality is that there is a true individual love, and therefore, it is indeed justified. Meaning, that if (as I exemplified before) someone wanted to kill themselves to say they love someone, it would also be LAWFULLY justified to allow people to do that shite.

Actually love does set Homosexual & Heterosexual apart from those other things. A fetishes for example, is lust. The object doesn't love you back. Pedophiles are in lust with a child. If they truly loved the child they wouldn't take advantage or harm them. Furthermore the pedophile is interested in the youthful state the child's body & mind are in. Once that is gone the pedophile moves on to another object of desire.

Fair play!