Quote:

Pariah said:
Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:
Actually love does set Homosexual & Heterosexual apart from those other things. A fetishes for example, is lust. The object doesn't love you back. Pedophiles are in lust with a child. If they truly loved the child they wouldn't take advantage or harm them. Furthermore the pedophile is interested in the youthful state the child's body & mind are in. Once that is gone the pedophile moves on to another object of desire.

MEM, the love doesn't have to be returned to establish it's wrong and (to paraphrase) wasn't meant to be. All you need is the physical differences that create the incompatibility in the situation

Even so...

You're making some huge exceptions here. That pedophile you used in your scenario might have a different definition of love. They might think that they wouldn't actually be taking advantage of the child, but expressing affection normally. Here, love can be given by a child to a pedophile and the (very well could be) equally loving pedophile might return that said love by statchitorically(sp) raping him/her. What the topper here is the ever important element of impression. That child might see pedophilia as the norm from there after. Same goes for animals too.

The only real equalizer to all the situations that contain legally/sexually cognizant individuals is age of consent. And this counts for absolutely nothing. Because consent doesn't change the fact, which I explained before, that love is no excuse for physical acts which put the body at a potentially high risk--There are other ways of expressing and signifying love. Very physically friendly ways.

Well, I don't buy the homosexuality is dangerous argument. Promiscuity is dangerous but that can apply to anyone. I'm comfortable with my stance.

Fair play!