Good call, Velo.

I suspected as much, as I said in my lengthy initial response to Mad Hatter (page 33 of the topic), and then followed up on in this post, on page 34:

Quote:

Dave the Wonder Boy said:
From the "Daniel.." topic, page 2, on the GRASSY KNOLL boards:
http://208.56.183.233/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001768&p=2

Quote:

posted by Danny:

I feel I should clarify something. I didn't mean to imply that everyone at Rob's is a dumbshit. Yes, the place has its share of dumbshits, but the same could be said of any board that size you're likely to find on the net. I wouldn't post there if there weren't some cool people I happily get along with. There just happens to be some dumbshits too. This is no slight against Rob, or the people at his boards that I do like.

Quote:

posted by Midknight
Contributor
Member # 96 posted March 02, 2004 05:44 AM
Quote:

Originally shat out by whomod:

1. Matter Eater Man.
2. (Typhoid) Dave
3. KrazyXXXDJ
4. Animalman
and
5. Jim Jackson.

There. I've listed the only people there who aern't fucktards.And here's the fucktards.
1)Mr.JLA
2)Dave TWB
3)Pariah
4)The G-Man

Everyone else there falls in between the 2 poles. Rob tries to keep it cool so I respect that. Still, I don't think he's all that removed from the latter list though.You're welcome.

So what criteria do you judge people with?
Yes GayLA [ Mister JLA? ] & Pariah go out of their way to annoy people but G-Man puts together well constructed posts even if you dont agree with what he says!
I for one rarely agree with him but I also rarely agree with you or Jim Jackson,so does that make you two "fucktards"?

Animalman has also had some less than sterling arguments that very few people agree with so does that make him a "fucktard"?No it doesnt,cause everyone is entitled to their opinions,but you are an elitist wanker who actually thinks only your opinion & those that agree with you count!

Now lets take Dave (Typhoid variety),he is one guy who knows that this world takes all kinds to get along.

He enjoys both ridiculous posts & well thought out serious posts.
Dave is equally at home with guys like GayLA or guys like you & Jim Jackson.
Lighten up dude,smell the same coffee Dave has,and stop obsessing over who is & who isnt cool!

Quote:

Mad Hatter
Contributor
Member # 4 , posted March 02, 2004 10:35 AM
For the record, people who make less than sterling arguments using Internet shorthand are, in fact, fucktards. People who accuse others of being elitist are often simply those who don't wish to express themselves in whole words and refuse to put any actual logical thought into their stance. And people who come here to carry on grudges from other boards, attacking the people they followed over without contributing anything of actual worth, find themselves without membership pretty damn quickly.

Man, I love this.
It's why I didn't rush to post a response on your GRASSY KNOLL boards. Because you already spinelessly edited out every contradiction you were called on, I figured as much, that as moderator of your forum, you'll edit and delete posts of your opposition as well.
And consistent with that, you'll delete any members or opinions from your smug, pretentious GRASSY KNOLL community that don't fit neatly into your condescending, pretentious liberal worldview.
This is classic liberalism. Scream and posture loudly about the cause of free speech. And then slander, ridicule and shut out any views that contradict your own.
Once again, liberals think that free speech is a right that only they should have.
On the subject of Dave (Typhoid Dave ) without getting into it, I hold a different view than Midknight. On topics such as this Gay Marriage topic, Islamic ignorance, the Iraq war topics, and the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, he has a great tendency toward bypassing the issue and resorting to labels and namecalling.
Pig Iron is a poster who I think is the model of moderation and conciliatory diplomacy. Even when I disagree with him, he does so respectfully, and I don't feel slandered, misrepresented or insulted by what he says.
Although there are apparently some topics where he's had a
major clash with the Nature Boys, which I haven't seen. But the barbs they exchange indicate a heated conflict
I've missed.
I find myself most frequently agreeing with G-Man. He backs his opinion with documentation and clear argument better than anyone here. His opposition treats him pretty much the way they treat me, and he takes it in stride with remarkable civility.
Mister JLA, britneyspearsatemyshorts, Llance, Kristogar Velo, DrZ Smith, Pariah and others here I find myself agreeing with almost always.
They post, at turns, playful banter and avoid deep discussion, and in my opinion, by doing so give the rude, insulting, irrational and skewed emotional liberal arguments here the lack of seriousness these liberal arguments deserve.
And at other turns they post articles and interviews that expose the liberal crap arguments for the flawed logic that they are.
But either way, I find myself agreeing with close to 100% of what they post on political issues.
While I disagree frequently with JQ, he seems open to hearing both sides.
I've had clashes with Darknight613 and Animalman, and agree with maybe 10% of what they post. And while Animalman doesn't like to be labelled a liberal, and may not be, his political leanings are certainly to the left of my own. But despite earlier clashes, I at least admire their efforts at civility, as things have gone forward between us.
And Whomod... geez, buddy !
I don't think there's anyone on these or the DC boards who has expressed so much unrestrained anger at conservatives, Republicans, and Bush in particular. Your 10 stereotypes of Christians at the top of this page being just yet another example.
While at times you post articles with real information from mainstream sources, so much of what you post is pure hate, pure venom, pointlessly inflammatory, without any credible information.
And then you have the audacity to call anyone else hateful ?!?
No one else on these boards approaches your hatred and antagonism.
Jim Jackson, far beyond Whomod, all you have to contribute are insults as well. You seem to be a very unhappy person. And you lash out and personalize the debate when addressing me, because it really gets your goat that there are facts that disprove your twisted world view.
And with no facts to back what you're saying, your only alternative is to slander and insult me.