I was reasonably drunk when I first posted this so I edited it to clean it up and have it actually make some sense...

There really is no religious arguement. Jesus and/or God would rather you be celibate. He condones sex amongst the married as that's the only way we get children (ie-heterosexual marriage). I guarantee God doesn't want your wife giving you oral sex or you having anal sex with her. Like he doesn't want you to have anal sex with a man you love. Use common sense people. A sin is a sin. The Love God refers to is always the deeper one..love of the heart..not sex. Sex can strengthen the bond of trust and can be allegorical for becomming a union of one- as husband and wife.

On a purely secular note. Gays should be able to tie the knot. If some reverend is willing to say the judeo-christian God sanctions the marriage more power to them..it will be a lie of course. Now if you are speaking of a nameless faceless God of all..why not. That would be the God of all-not pertaining to a particular religion. No monotheistic religion sanction homosexual relation sthat i know of. If you are gay and truly believe the judeo-christian god sanctions your actions and behavior you are wrong..I honestly believe..but of course that is my opinion. I can't speak for God.

God doesn't want us to do anything we enjoy that resembles hedonism.

Homosexuality is sexual behavior..just like being freaky or having multiple partners or whatever. We all have the power to get drunk, be promiscuous, steal, lie..whatever. God doesn't condone any of it. How is the homosexual act or lifestyle any different.

Bottom line is that as long as a homosexual woman or man is practicing their belief system (biological predisposition) with a consenting adult it shouldn't matter and they should be able to get married. They shouldn't force someone to marry them that isn't willing as I'm sure there are thousands willing. It's a feel good world we live in..I live in it and enjoy it as well. And I'm wrong as well...from a judeo-christian viewpoint. That God certainly IMO doesn't sanctify such a union. I think it's more in line with the Clintonism of "what is means"...marriage depends on your definition.

I think as long as we aren't forcing, and imposing ourselves on the free will of others and labeling it as hate and intolerance then what's the problem?

Fire away................

Last edited by Pig Iron; 2004-03-07 11:45 PM.