I was going to draft a response to your post, Animalman. But then I read Britney's post, which already captured my desired response so well.

As usual, Animalman, you've once again obsessed on minutia that diverts from my central point.
You turn it into a discussion of whether a majority of agnostics oppose gay marriage. But my point is not even putting a number on what ratio of agnostics oppose gay marriage. My point is simply that some do, whether that's 10% or 95%. My point is that you don't have to be Christian, or of any particular religion, or even the slightest bit religious to oppose gay marriage. You can just intuitively believe that gay marriage is wrong, and that endorsing/legalizing/legitimizing it is not something the U.S. government should do.

But you turn it into a meaningless red herring issue that I somehow said a majority of agnostics oppose gay marriage, and challenge me to produce documentation to prove it. Prove something I never said in the first place?

A majority of America opposes gay marriage, that I said.

And again, my point is that a tiny minority of at best 2% does not have the right to change the definition of marriage out from under the rest of us.
That is tyranny of a minority, that takes away the rights of the majority.

~

Regarding your allegation of my "insults", I've only, if somewhat firmly from worn-down patience, stated the facts.
No matter how many times I answer, no matter how much detail and clarification, no matter how many links and articles, you come BACK AND BACK AND BACK and ask the same questions. Not even new questions, the same questions.
And while you clearly reject answers that don't conform to your worldview, they have been answered. Exhaustively.

I've answered, with the increased futility that you clearly just don't want to hear it. No matter how validly I make the case, you and others come back with "bigot" and "homophobe", and other labels for those who have legitimate and fully articulated objections to gay marriage.
All these labels slapped on me and other conservatives, despite the evidence for my argument, as demonstrated by what is happening in Canada, and what gay activists and their attorneys in the U.S. publicly say are their objectives.

So think what you want, you clearly are not open to any truth beyond your own pre-conceived notions. And I don't feel obligated to make detailed arguments beyond this point, that clearly fall on deaf ears. If you don't see what's happening as an attack on Christianity and more broad religious freedom, it's only because you choose not to. The writing is on the wall.

And given that you earlier tried to argue Nazi genocide was based on Hitler's alleged Roman Catholic "christianity", I think your biases are clear.
Far fetched indeed.