Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:

i just figured you had read my previous statements if the majority has voted in laws stating that marriage is between man and woman than we should respect that, and a judge shouldnt take it upon himself to impose the will of the minority upon the majority.

Our court system isn't run by polls but operates to carrying out the laws. In this case it's an equal rights thing that supersedes quickie made laws supported by fear, ignorance & garbage arguments.

It seems to me that it is the pro-gay marriage arguments that are deeply based in fear, ignorance, & garbage arguments.
And further, a contempt for moral standards, and a secularist-rooted utter denial of the truth. Which is corrosive on the standards of the entire mainstream of our culture.

Gays don't care if it's wrong to write away the rights of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, and agnostics who oppose gay marriage.
Gays have had the right to pursue their lifestyle without persecution for at least two decades.

Now, far beyond that, they want to create a warped kangaroo court to rubber-stamp the gay lifestyle and force all who oppose homosexuality to say it's okay, a move toward banning public speech of any beliefs to the contrary.

And laughably if it were not so serious a threat, to punish as a hate-crime those who hold fast to a higher, and more sane, Biblical standard.