After reading some of these responses, I have to agree with Sammitch and others, I think this has gotten way out of hand. I apologize for whatever part I've played in this turning into a quasi-flame war. That really wasn't my intention.

In fact, I had hoped to appease both sides of the argument. While neither religious nor homosexual, I felt I had enough experience with each party to see that the real enemy was, as usual, the government. Politicans, big businesses, the insurance companies, anyone and everyone that encompasses and creates "the system". Not gays or Christians/Catholics/Jews/Muslims.

Funny(and sad) how my internet life reflects my real one. Inspired in part by this very discussion, I've been writing my term paper on the issue. My purpose was to mediate between the two sides. As part of that paper I tried to involve my friends in the debate to get their ideas. Now, my Catholic friends say I've been poisoned by gay America, and all my liberal friends say I've bought into fascism. Clearly, I failed to realize that trying to play mediator doesn't work.

I said what I wanted to say. Hopefully that's enough, because it's all I can do.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.