Quote:

Pariah said:
2) Thou shalt not take the name of the lord thy God in vain. (OH MY GODDDDD!!!)

3) Remember thou keep holy the Lords day. (actually it's still the sabbath folks.)

6) Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Because God made sex a sacred act only to be practiced between a (male/female) married couples, to destroy that sacredness would be a great offense. And because we would be using our bodies in such a way that he did not WANT them to be used, it would just make it even worse—Especially if sexual stimulation was induced by homosexual abominations. The same goes for masturbation. (SO MASTURBATION IS ALSO AN ABOMINATION??? I guess all of mankind will burn with one notable exception on these boards)

9) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife. JENNA JAMESON IS MARRIED, ISN'T SHE?

10) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s goods. KEEPING UP WITH THE JONESES

Quote:

Perhaps you read what you wanted to read into what I said, simply because I have the audacity to disagree with you.

Ah. Resorting Whomod’s and Jim Jackson’s tactics are we? When one feels the need to get defensive and/or post snarky remarks, it usually means they’re getting desperate.

I've never felt that I was competing in this topic so i've never felt "desperate" mainly because I firmly beleive that your brand of intolerance and bigotry demonstrated here will be gone in another 10-15 years or so.

What I have found comforting is that here again we are at a cultural crossroads where we can test our worth sociologically. Sure, after something is accepted as the norm (such as equal rights, sufferage, interracial relations etc.) in society, it is damn easy to praise the people who got us there to more enlightened waters.

I'm sure you'll be hard pressed to find a person today who'll boast proudly that he spat on diners trying to be served at a "whites only" counter (or even found the idea reasonable) unless of course he's just an unrepentant bigot. But at the time, you had literally millions of people who thought inequality was reasonable and had just as good arguments as the lot of you. Too bad there was no internet back in those days. It would have been interesting to see us back then arguing the same shit with the same conviction about the bible, tradition, "liberal" northerners, and 'seperate but equal'. "Why won't she move"[ to the back of the bus??]"

As i said, this will undoubtedly be seen 20 years on as a cultural crossroads. And i'll be here to remind us all that some of us were lacking in understanding exactly what equality for ALL means.

If I were Animalman, I certainly wouldn't apologize for further aggravating the already aggravated and hateful. If anyone is "desperate" it's all these right wing christians I see on TV every day foaming at the mouth and in a panic over the rising crest of this. Of course serving as a shining example of 'Jesus' love' for all to see.

Standing up for whats right even when there is an angry mob, ESPECIALLY if there is an angry mob, IMO is when it counts the most.

Last edited by whomod; 2004-03-10 9:55 AM.