Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

Wednesday said:
Cheney Says He Supports Gay-Marriage Ban

Vice President Dick Cheney said Tuesday he supports President Bush's call for a federal constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriages, though one of his daughters is gay

This is another example of that persistent liberal double standard.

If a conservative comes out against something that he, or a member of his family, has not personally experienced the conservative is told "you have no experience with this. You can't judge."

But if a conservative comes out against something he has personal experience with (either himself or through a member of his family), he is told "you are a hypocrite."

Essentially, the point seems to be that liberals think that conservatives should not be allowed to express their opinions at any time whatsoever.

You're totally misrepresenting the issue.

I think i posted Cheney's quotes from the 2000 debates TWICE already where he supported states deciding on the issue of gay marriage

Quote:

Here are some quotes by Vice President Dick Cheney from the 2000 vice presidential debate. On gay and lesbian relationships:

Quote:

"The fact of the matter is we live in a free society, and freedom means freedom for everybody. We don't get to choose, and shouldn't be able to choose and say, 'You get to live free, but you don't.' "

On gay and lesbian civil unions or marriage:
Quote:

"I think the fact of the matter, of course, is that matter is regulated by the states. I think different states are likely to come to different conclusions, and that's appropriate. I don't think there should necessarily be a federal policy in this area."

Now if this had been John Kerrey flip flopping all over the place depending on which way the political winds were blowing, you'd be howling , winking and chortling madly about it.

In fact, [Dick Cheney] has been in Washington long enough to take both sides on just about every issue."

By now supporting a constitutional amendment to restrict the rights of gay Americans, Cheney has sold his own daughter down the river in a way that is almost mind-boggling to a parent.

Last edited by whomod; 2004-03-16 7:24 AM.