Random thought - are the politicians out to get this law passed doing so mostly (or even purely) out of religious conviction? Is this law primarily motivated by religious faith? Because if it is, and the law is passed, I'm just wondering what kind of doors it could open for other religiously motivated laws - not necessarily constitutional amendments, but state laws or even city laws. It's just something to consider.

BTW, speaking of religion, I've asked this question in several threads, and I've never gotten an answer. Do Christianity and Islam have an official oral law that specifies and interprets how the laws of the Bible are to be practiced, or is the Bible all you get? If there is an oral law, does it carry the equal weight as the Bible? I'm only asking because Judiasm has both the oral law and the Tanach (The real Jewish Bible, which is composed of The Torah [Five Books Of Moses], The Book of Prophets, and The Book of Writings [psalms, proverbs, etc.]), and both count the same. So I've always wondered whether or not Christians and Muslims have an oral tradition as well.

Last edited by Darknight613; 2004-03-16 7:49 AM.

"Well when I talk to people I don't have to worry about spelling." - wannabuyamonkey "If Schumacher’s last effort was the final nail in the coffin then Year One would’ve been the crazy guy who stormed the graveyard, dug up the coffin and put a bullet through the franchise’s corpse just to make sure." -- From a review of Darren Aronofsky & Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One" script