Thank you for offering documentation before I had a chance to, G-Man.

Although Wednesday's post to this page...

Quote:

Wednesday said:
Quote:

Dave the Wonder Boy said:

But as I posted documentation of, a majority of black Americans, and many black leaders, have vocally expressed their outrage at the comparison of black civil rights to the "gay marriage" push. Which black Americans themselves call a deceit, which they do not endorse.
And I think black Americans are infinitely qualified to determine whether their own black civil rights movement is comparable to gay rights, and the push for gay marriage. As I quoted, blacks have voiced their outrage at the comparison of gay marriage to black rights.
And it is your denial of these facts that is ill-informed.

I would love to know where you get this information.
1) I find it hard to believe that you or anyone else can say that most blacks are "outraged" by the comparison. I, myself, have read articles that have quoted individual African-Americans on the subject, and I agree that some of them were outraged... very outraged, but I've also seen blacks who have spoken in favor of gay rights, and compared the struggle of gays to the ones we once faced. Also, I've never even seen a poll of a turly REPRESENTATIVE number of black people on the subject. Even a poll of one thousand black Americans is not enough to tell you, definitively, how black Americans feel.
2) Today's "black leaders" are generally pathetic and unworthy of discussion, especially the ones that are in the media and have voiced opinions. A great number of them are attention-seekers and not much more.
3) I also don't believe that most black people (or Americans in general) could tell you the real definition of civil rights. Being black does not make you an authority on civil rights; education does. I would venture that most people would equate civil rights with black suffrage. Their answers are uninformed.

...was already answered on page 36 of the topic:

Quote:

Dave the Wonder Boy said:
Quote:

Wingnut-EL said:
The religious arguement also provides a convenient cover to those with truly bigoted beliefs. While I understand that many people actually believe their "God" condems homosexual behavior*, I think the real movers & shakers behind the anti-gay movement are simply using religion as a shield against charges of bigotry (i.e., claiming/pretending to be devout when it serves their purposes).
* These true believers are a lessor problem IMO, because over time and through education they may change their belief on this issue, just as they have on slavery. I don't think they have any ulterior motive, they are just misguided. It's the ones who would harness a poweful force like religion (or nationalism, or patriotism for that matter) that are truly dangerous & scare me. They are people who will stop at nothing to achieve their goals - Yes, Mr. Bush I'm talking about you & your craven ilk.
Cheers!

A new poll shows that a majority of black Americans oppose gay marriage.
The poll results were released by the Pugh Research Center on November 18, 2003, the same day as the Massachusetts Supreme Court ruled in favor of gay marriage.
It indicated that 60% of blacks oppose gay weddings.
And further, 51% oppose gay civil unions as well.

Further, many black leaders are furious that the gay rights movement is being compared to the black civil rights movement.
When the Massachusetts Supreme Court ruled that gays have the Constitutional right to marry, the Massachusetts Supreme Court justices cited landmark repealing of laws that banned inter-racial marriage.
Which, again, made many black leaders furious.
As reported by FOX News, Rev. Talbert Swan II, expressing his distaste for the comparison of gay marriage to the civil rights movement, said :
"Homosexuality is a chosen lifestyle. I could not choose the color of my skin."
Mychael Massie, a conservative black columnist, and member of Project 21, a political alliance of conservative blacks, said in his column for WorldNetDaily:
"It is an outrage to align something as offensive as this with the struggle of a fallen man, a great man, such as Martin Luther King Jr."
"The whole thing runs much deeper and more insidious than 'We just want to get married'.
They want to change the whole social order."

Alvin Williams, President and CEO of Black America's Political Action Committee, said that
"The gay marriage issue looks like an equal rights issue at first glance. But it becomes a special rights issue after closer examination. Because it's about behavior, not ethnicity."
~
So once again, arguments comparing this to civil rights is proven to be manipulative deceitful spin.
The need for liberals to call any dissenters to their view on the issue "ignorant" just shows their own ignorance on display.
It is ignorant for you to feel a need to call others "ignorant". And an attempt to emotionally divert from the true issue.
But regardless, a clear majority of black America disagrees with your posturing comparison.

As I've pointed out at several points in the topic, if those on the liberal side of this discussion would simply read the topic, or even just the most recent 4 or 5 pages, they would see many of their questions already answered.