BINGO!

I was going to wait until someone else got it before I replied.

Actually though, I was wondering what Pariah read into it that he thought it somehow contradicted my stance on the gay debate.

This guys life clearly shows that your sexual identity is something that you're born with. Something ingrained in you so well that you KNOW what you are regardless of outside circumstances and knowlege kept from you. So all this debate about "choosing" to be gay comes off sounding rather bogus.

I know I didn't sit around one day and happen to decide I liked girls. It was just always so. I don't know anyone else who sits there and makes that life choice either, straight or gay. It just is. If this was the case, I want to hear about the day everyone here CHOSE to be what they are. The only way IMO you can choose sexuality is if you happen to be bisexual and you make a choice about a life partner or something.

The reason straight people find homosexuality abhorrent when they think about being with another guy/girl most likely reflects exactly how gay people feel when thinking about being with someone of the opposite gender. I know I find being with another guy abhorrent. Why? Because i'm not gay! It's not rocket science.You just have to stop projecting your own feelings as being "normal" and demanding that this is how everyone else should also feel and comform to and start trying to empathize a little.

The final sentence in that article is wisdom to live by IMO. "You can't be something that you're not. You have to be you."

Last edited by whomod; 2004-05-15 7:41 PM.