Quote:

Pariah said:
I don't find sodomy to be harmless or okay--And I'm saying this from a secular as well as spiritual POV. If it was casually associated with society, I feel it could turn into a major problem.

Refresh my memory. How is being gay (and please refrain from using the term sodomy...I don't look at myself as the sum of a physical act. Being gay implies interest in members of the same sex on every level of attraction...If we were just interested in sex, marriage wuld not be an issue) harmful?

The real harm has come from repressing homosexuality. Because of the historical taboos we now have a whole network of disgusting activities that have become synonomous with homosexuality (bathouses and rampant casual sexual activity the formost in my mind). These resulting sub-cultures have led to the spread of things like AIDS in epidemic proportions. This is not to mention the high suicide rates and sever depression that are characteristic of gay men and women.

Allowing us to live as equals and live openly will help to dismantle and remove these things from society. This is bad?

If karma's a bitch, it will be my bitch!