Quote:

Pariah said:
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Gay people do actually hold down jobs and raise children. Therefore, they're as much a contributing part of the economy/society as anyone else. And their morale is effected by being limited in rights.

Quote:

You're talking about adopting. In which case, people are given help from the government to raise that child depending on whether or not they need it. So there's no need for a tax-cut there.

no, i'm talking about gay people being members of society in every way that straight people are. i'm talking about raising kids (yes, adopting. but still raising kids.) and i'm talking about them working and supporting the economy.

Quote:

And if their rights are limited, same as blacks in the south circa 1960, then we'll end up with the same sort of protests that happened in the south (the bus boycott alone hurt the economy of the region).

Quote:

Once again: Marriage isn't a right.

it is if you have to go to the government for a license to do it. if marriage was strictly a church matter then gay marriage wouldn't be an issue. but once the government got involved it became a right that everyone should have.

Bow ties are coool.