Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Really?

I am shocked to know that my children are not biologically my children.

If I were to marry a man today, I would not be giving up any of my parental obligations.

Does this mean you had to give up your benefits when you were divorced? If that's the case, it's not the government's fault, but your own since you left your wife...Or hers for leaving you--I dunno.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
no, i'm talking about gay people being members of society in every way that straight people are. i'm talking about raising kids (yes, adopting. but still raising kids.) and i'm talking about them working and supporting the economy.

And them working and supporting the economy was never the issue. The fact of the matter is, they're supported for kids either way. And you're little ad hominem isn't gonna change that.

Quote:

it is if you have to go to the government for a license to do it. if marriage was strictly a church matter then gay marriage wouldn't be an issue. but once the government got involved it became a right that everyone should have.

No. It didn't. The institution of marriage in the case of government is most specifically, according to government policy, not a right.