Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
OK, I'm so stupid, what's his point then, boy?

That making gays equal to straights with respect to marriage should automatically extend to polygamists and those who wish to practice incest, and so, gays should be denied that equality because of the pandora's box that will open?

Here we go again...

The institution of marriage isn't a right. It's not even a privelege. It is assigned to straight couples because it actually works for their ratio. Whereas with homosexual couples, it doesn't work at all.

So not only would allowing same-sex marriage be pointlessly cost-inefficient, but it would also open up the flood gates for other ratios that have no point to marry.

Now I will wait for Jim's rebut, ready with every single post made in the past, on this thread, that has already covered the subject, which he feels like carrying on as if it was never even discussed. I suppose, however, that I should be glad with the fact that he's finally admitted that other unorthodox (and even more stupid) forms of marriage woulf be allowed with the sanctioning of gay marriage.

Last edited by Pariah; 2006-01-14 12:39 AM.