Quote:

I will need to see some semblance of the argument about how one man marrying another man or one woman marrying anotehr woman is debasing himself/herself before I have an idea of what to make of that remark.

That's not the point I'm making. I'm making the point that you're trying to say that you think Marraige should be between 2 people because you think it's wrong to do otherwise. At the same time a majority of people in the US think marraige should be between a man and a woman and that it would be wrong to do otherwise. While I agree with your assesment of polygimists, I would say that you're doing to them exactly what you ask others not to do of you.

Quote:

I see acceptable value in a same-sex union.

There are two arguments here, the one you made above wich I think is good. If you see acceptable value then you need to promote that value to enough people to affect the legislature to make changes accordingly. If however you want to argue that marraige is a civil right then you have no grounds for denying it to others just because you don't see the acceptable value.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k