Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Ok, WBAM, relative to our discussion here...what does that example have to do with anything?

That there's always somebody else worse off than the universal You? That one example you can cite guarantees than gays are FAR worse off in Seattle than Conservatives?

No it was in responseto yo saying.

Quote:

It's easy to say that dismissively when you're not somebody in the persecuted group.

You used the example of you possibly being fired as proof that you were in a special position to demand something on an emotional basis. I think something either "is" or "is not" the level of persecution someone endures doesn't make them any more right or any more wrong. Just last night while teh wife and I were out to dinner I had to listen to teh people in teh booth next to us discuss conserivitives as though they were inhuman. So what, no matter who you are or where you are, people will still be ass-holes, you can either deal with it or play the victim, but niether will change teh way things are. Unless you or my buddy want to trade jobs you're both gonna have to cope and you'll both be stronger for it.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k