Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
I didn't come out of the closet until I was a few weeks away from turning 21. That was mid June, 1978. I remember hearing from SOMEWHERE that when you are gay, gay guys just come to your door one day, they make you dress up in drag, they make you wear one of those dumb little pointed hats like kids wear to birthday parties, and they give you a party where everyone is in drag and make you listen to showtunes on the stereo and they dance.

Ughh! So, when in reality I finally went to my first gay bar the summer of 1978, there was one guy sleeping at the bar, another guy sitting there drunk, and another man talking with the bartendar.

No drag queens. No dumb little pointed hats. No dancing. The jukebox wasn't even on, so no showtunes.

It was pretty fucking boring, actually......

A year or so later, I met a guy who was black, about 6 ft tall, and about 45 years old. He sometimes got dressed in drag for shows. He looked masculine enough when he was wearing guy clothes. I didn't get involved with him because the whole drag thing turned me off then, but if I met a hot guy like that who wasn't a big lady at heart, not totally, anyway, LoL, I might date him if he was a cool guy and nice, too.

Ving Rhames did a wonderful job of playing a drag queen in "Holiday Heart." He was fabulous in that role. I don't want to have sex with a guy while he is dressed as a girl, that is not my thing.

I guess that is as close as I would like to get to T Girls.

Drag queen and transexual are to very different creatures. Both fall under the heading of transgender, but the similarity stops there. Drag quuens, and I love 'em btw, are characatures of women. They're over the top and generally just into the show. Our very own Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence are all over 6 feet tall without heels. Transexuals on the other hand are women full time. Drag queens seek to stand-out in a crowd, TS s seek to blend in to it.

My favorite TG flick is an English movie called Different for Girls that came out in '98. Steven Mackintosh plays Kim a TS woman who rekindles a friendship with her best friend from school.