Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

WBAM, this applies to your response to my post, too. I say this calmly because I know I get VERY emotional where gay...and human rights are concerned. You two have not walked in my shoes and been treated like shit just for being who you are. I don't want pity. I want to be accepted as I am, not as a sinner. As a human being.

First off, you haven't walked in my shoes either, so teh shoes argument is weak. You have no idea where I've been, what I've experienced, so don;t try to trump my personal experience with yours. If personal experience won the day then I could probobly make moot anything you say, but that's not how I roll, but to say you seem to have as much hate in you as those you despise.

Second, marraige isn't a human right, there are many restrictions on marraige today. To argue that it's a human right is to argue against every restriction. No one is preventing you from doing what you want to do, live whith whome you choose, love who you want to love or have sex whith whoever you wish what they are preventing you from doing is redefining an ancient tradition. Even then they aren't preventing you from doing it, they're just forcing you to do it through legislation rather than through the courts.

As far as not wanting to be considered a sinner..... we're all sinners.

I will summarize my thoughts into two words:

Human Rights.

Fine then.. you have human rights. So what's left to talk about?

Seriously, you totally ignore my argument and try instead of making any form of cojent argument yourself rely on a cheeky platitude, well, I hate to break it to you, but government endorsement isn;t a human right. The government allready lets you live your life as you see fit, you can have sex with whoever you want, be contractually obligated to that person if you see fit, you can have a religious cerimony. in essence you can do anything a married couple can do, government just won't endorse it, how is that a denial of human rights? Marraige has alwayse been about bringing together the two uniquily seperate elements of humanity, you want that redefined and the fact that society doesn;t unquestionably capitulate and deny the unique differences of men and women to join in a union that ideally produces offsping you think that's a denial of some unspecified human right and you attemt to silence any opposition by labeling them biggots. You're wholy unwilling to even consider a position that doesn;t offer you complete affermation.

Just for the sake of pretending you acctually read anything I said, let me ask you to back up your two word summary, please tell me what human right you are being denied.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k