Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:

Seriously, you totally ignore my argument and try instead of making any form of cojent argument yourself rely on a cheeky platitude, well, I hate to break it to you, but government endorsement isn;t a human right. The government allready lets you live your life as you see fit, you can have sex with whoever you want, be contractually obligated to that person if you see fit, you can have a religious cerimony. in essence you can do anything a married couple can do, government just won't endorse it, how is that a denial of human rights?

Because the government is essentially saying, by your own statement, "you do what you want, but you don't have the same rights." Like being separate but equal.
Gay people want to be considered part of society, not a sub group.

Quote:

Marraige has alwayse been about bringing together the two uniquily seperate elements of humanity,

that's bullshit, and you should know it having read the bible. Marriage was about power and children and building households with multiple wives and heirs. Brides were sold to husbands, husbands had many wives, etc.
Then you have the poets and the writers who came along and turned marriage into some beautiful bonding of the souls.
I'm all for love, but marriage hardly has its origins in that.

Quote:

you want that redefined and the fact that society doesn;t unquestionably capitulate and deny the unique differences of men and women to join in a union that ideally produces offsping you think that's a denial of some unspecified human right and you attemt to silence any opposition by labeling them biggots.

how would gay marriage effect you? your wife? your marriage? your children?
I would figure gay sex would be the big button pusher. but since they can do that, they can live together, how does gay marriage effect YOU. What it does is allow two people to feel like they're part of society, not shunned.
Don't people have the right to feel accepted?
And to deny strangers the right to do something that will harm no one out of some sense of pride or baseless predjudice makes you a biggot.
Quote:

You're wholy unwilling to even consider a position that doesn;t offer you complete affermation.

again, what's wrong with being accepted, what's wrong with not being treated as a lesser being?
black people once were referred to in the dictionary as having lower mental capacity, they weren't allowed to marry whites.
if you accept the discrimination of gays, then you must also accept discrimination of blacks.
and that means you hate G-man and Wednesday.

Quote:

Just for the sake of pretending you acctually read anything I said, let me ask you to back up your two word summary, please tell me what human right you are being denied.

how about the right to be treated equally by their government.
my personal belief is that government shouldn't let anyone marry, they should do non-religious civil unions for anyone.
Marriage is a church thing, but as long as the government handles marriage, then anyone should be able to marry.

for me the question falls to "Do you believe two gay people can be in love?" If you believe they can, then you should have no problem with gay marriage. If you don't believe gay people can really love, then you're a biggot.

Bow ties are coool.