Quote:

Animalman said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:

No one is preventing you from doing what you want to do, live whith whome you choose, love who you want to love or have sex whith whoever you wish what they are preventing you from doing is redefining an ancient tradition.

Marriage(at least, marriage in the western world) today is not the same as it was hundreds of years ago. It's not even the same as it was a few decades ago. It's been redefined and adjusted to fit the standards of an evolving society time and time again.

What is different now?

I think you're right-on the money Animalman. Marriage has evolved tremendously over time. Sealing a family alliance used to be the main purpose. Romantic love was hardly a consideration.

I think Hillary is trying to defuse the issue by dropping the 'M' word. Change the name to civil union and 2/3rds of the public favour it. No one has ever accused Hillary of being less than shrewed. Eight years of Republican administration has been a disaster and I'm sure that's what she wants to talk about.

WBAM - Come talk to me when you've walked a mile in 4" stiletos.

Pariah - Is there a test for Mad Cow disease? You should get one.

"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives." John Stuart Mill America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between. Oscar Wilde He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead.