Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
you cut my quotes apart to make a joke but the fact is the gay marriage amendment is writing a ban on a right and a form of discrimination into the constitution. this pisses on the essence of the constitution's foundings.
and the signing statements go against the founding father's intent of balance in the government.
so you can cut up what i say to prove a non-existent point because you have no solid grounding other than being an asshole.

The Gay Marriage issue has nothing to do with "political balance" and everything to do with social effectiveness. You know this because I hammered it into your skull only pages prior to the current line of palavor. However, it seems you're unable to survive more than three posts within these types of arguments without a whole bunch of ad hominem pot-shots that have nothing to do with anything. Your attempt at trying to use the Founding Fathers as a mouth piece is further proof of your idiocy. Gays aren't being "discriminated against," marriage simply does not work for its ratio. It was designed for straight couples; It's not some sort of private club. If you knew anything about the way it worked, you'd realize that it's a way for the government to insure a healthy population that grows steadily rather than extraneously.