Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Quote:

Uschi said (emphasis added):
When the news announced the scandal they mentioned "the leader of a large curch organization in the Springs..." and I was hoping it was James Dobson. Captain New Life getting caught in his hateful lazy-people-church hypocracy is golden though. Mom is so so so pissed. I can't stop laughing.

I'm not especially surprised at your attitude, but what's the 'lazy-people-church' part about? You probably know more about that particular church than I've heard, being from that area.

And actually, it wouldn't happen to Dobson. Despite the amount of spite people on these boards may have toward him (largely on the basis of things said and written by random minor faces in an organization he founded but doesn't do nearly as much in anymore), I'm certain his actions are comparatively far more consistent with his beliefs than Haggard, whom I've been wary of for years.

Lazy-people-church meaning those stamp-your-ticket Christians. The people that attend Church and sing and shit but as soon as they leave they're being little sluts or abusing shit and generally behaving un-Christ-like toward their fellow humans. But they still have the arrogance because THEY're going to HEAVEN.

I have a bit of a bias because Mom's thrown me into their midst a few times. Once, when she was convinced I was possessed by a demon spirit (turns out I was just really depressed. good one, Ma!) and took me to a Celebacy Rally. She dropped me off and shoved me in the door and left me there for five hours. I tried sneaking out thrice and the bastards caught me. ANYway, first we were locked in a small auditorium while a live band played too-loud Christian Rock at us. This was the impetus for my first and second escape attempt. Then we had these "classes" to "teach" us the Word of God (i.e. shit I learned when I was five in CCD) - in the group I was in, nobody knew ANY of the answers except me. I eventually stopped raising my hand and just answered the crappy trivia. Long(er) story short(er), it ended in a Mass where we all went up and recieved promise rings saying we would save ourselves for marriage (or, if we were already the loose little sluts I recognized from school, start fresh 'cause Jesus forgives everything) and signed a little card. It was queer as hell. I threw mine at my mom's car when she wasn't around later. The point, everyone in my school that attended the shitty thing because they wanted to wore their little celebicy rings, even at school, even screwing eachother in the closet in the Dungeon (boiler room / basement / freshmen locker room at the school).

That's the most personal of examples I can give for the church congregation being full of lazy and hypocritical arsehole whores.

And I know Dobson will never be found out for anything. He actually believes the shit he says.

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"