Quote:

Uschi said:
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Quote:

Uschi said (emphasis added):
When the news announced the scandal they mentioned "the leader of a large curch organization in the Springs..." and I was hoping it was James Dobson. Captain New Life getting caught in his hateful lazy-people-church hypocracy is golden though. Mom is so so so pissed. I can't stop laughing.

I'm not especially surprised at your attitude, but what's the 'lazy-people-church' part about? You probably know more about that particular church than I've heard, being from that area.

And actually, it wouldn't happen to Dobson. Despite the amount of spite people on these boards may have toward him (largely on the basis of things said and written by random minor faces in an organization he founded but doesn't do nearly as much in anymore), I'm certain his actions are comparatively far more consistent with his beliefs than Haggard, whom I've been wary of for years.

Lazy-people-church meaning those stamp-your-ticket Christians. The people that attend Church and sing and shit but as soon as they leave they're being little sluts or abusing shit and generally behaving un-Christ-like toward their fellow humans. But they still have the arrogance because THEY're going to HEAVEN.

Can't argue with personal experience. I know a lot of those. I also know a lot of people who look just as serious on Sunday morning, then go out... and actually live what they believe. There are most likely more of the first bunch than I've seen, and most likely more of the second bunch than you've seen. I really do commiserate with your negative experiences with Christianity, but I'd just like to maintain that the messenger is not always the message, and I'd like to encourage you to keep looking for the ones who really mean what they say.

Quote:

And I know Dobson will never be found out for anything. He actually believes the shit he says.

What is it that you feel he's saying? Maybe you and I hear different parts of it. I hear it all the time because he (unlike many of the people attached to his foundation) is a member of my denomination. Are you sure the words that have been attributed to him - and obviously their intent - haven't somehow been taken out of context or outright altered, telephone-style, by all the people who relay them down the line to you? Just curious.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ