Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:

Can't argue with personal experience. I know a lot of those. I also know a lot of people who look just as serious on Sunday morning, then go out... and actually live what they believe. There are most likely more of the first bunch than I've seen, and most likely more of the second bunch than you've seen. I really do commiserate with your negative experiences with Christianity, but I'd just like to maintain that the messenger is not always the message, and I'd like to encourage you to keep looking for the ones who really mean what they say.

Don't get me wrong, I respect people who live their faith. I know/have known a LOT of people that follow their religous moral structures as best as they can. I have met Zero New Lifers like that is all. And there are SOOO many here.

Quote:

Quote:

And I know Dobson will never be found out for anything. He actually believes the shit he says.

What is it that you feel he's saying? Maybe you and I hear different parts of it. I hear it all the time because he (unlike many of the people attached to his foundation) is a member of my denomination. Are you sure the words that have been attributed to him - and obviously their intent - haven't somehow been taken out of context or outright altered, telephone-style, by all the people who relay them down the line to you? Just curious.

Well, some of the stuff is attributed to him via the newspaper (Colorado Springs Gazette) or the videos my mom bought of his and made us kids watch when I was in Jr High. One of the things that pisses me off the most is his stance on homosexuals and the insistance that they are misguided, confused, or deluded into believing they are gay. I don't like his "we cure you of being gay" programs (also see the post I made about Norman the dog that says Moo for more info). For the most part I can't give other examples. I split off many years ago and find I am happier not paying attention to him. So I don't remember everything I used to be pissed at. I'm sure Mom has the videos around here somewhere though...

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"