Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

First : It is MAINLY that " damn line."

I'm going to leave that alone as we're discussing the legality of Gay Marraige not weather or not it's a Biblical principle.

Quote:

Second : If Marriage is not a right, what is it, then?

It's a governmentally recognised contract with restrictions.

If marraige were a human right then no restrictions could be placed on it, people could marry relitives or multiple partners. I'm not arguing that being gay is the same as incest or polygimy, I'm using those as examples of reasonable restrictions that are placed on the contract. What you're arguing for isn't that marraige be recognised as a human right with no restrictions, but rather that same sex unions be lifted as a restriction.

If I'm wrong and you are argunign that all restrictions be lifted, please correct me.

Quote:

Third : If The Bible is not used as a factor, then why are so many Christians and Catholics against Gay marriage, then?

that's a false argument, but that logic the fact that most Christians and Catholics enjoy ice cream would make the Bible a factor in the decicion to enjoy ice cream. Having said that, the Bible may be a factor in some people voting the way they do, but the point the P was making is that the Bible is not cited in the laws that are written. There are people who believe the Bible that think government restrctions should be lifted for same sex marraige and there are people who do not believe the Bible who oppose same sex marraige.

Quote:

Fourth : As I stated before, nearly all politicians are going to vote against gay marriage because they either got elected by taking a stance against gay marriage, or they know that if they campaign for it, they will damage their political career. Or end it.

regardless of weather or not you agree what you just described is polititions being responsible to those who elected them to vote for thier intrests. That's representitive government.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k