quote:
Originally posted by Darknight613:
Whomod,

This isn't a political issue. The comments about Republicans being racists were labelled as possible generalities. In many cases, it's not political ideaologies that make people racist. Most racist politicians already have their stereotypes and bigotries long before they take power.

Well I'm not saying I actually took too much credence in this study. It was just amusing, is all.

After all, i do live in Los Angeles and as a latino male who spends a great deal of time in the music and entertainment sector of this town, I can safetly say that many of the westside "Hollywood liberals" are just as bigoted as any southern conservative man. If they're not just being condescending in their compassion.

A lot of the time it seeps thru in films where the only latinos you'll find are the only latinos they ever come into contact with in their sheltered little corner of this city, as valets, as maids and as janitors. And they'll usually be portrayed as that. Unless they're being portrayed as street thugs or ignorant natives that enlightened whites come into contact with in their travels. "The sun came out last night. It played me a song". [yuh huh]