quote:
Dave the Wonder Boy:

Yes, I did see that you challenged Whomod for his harsh rhetoric. Although you didn't make the personal accusations toward him that you did to me, that my opinion is basically "not worthy" of serious response (in your subjective opinion).

quote:
Originally posted by Darknight613:

Well, you can't really judge somebody's tone accurately on a message board (and if I were to put in emoticons or smileys, I doubt I would have been taken seriously). I was pretty annoyed at whomod for turning this thread into a political debate, but I was also annoyed with you for taking one loudmouth's rant as (what I saw at the time to be) an excuse for slamming all liberals. Combined with what I perceived as a snub on your part in the partisnaship thread, and remembering past instances where you seemed to be doing the same (and the aforementoned bad week I've been having, which has actually gotten worse), I ended up using you as an outlet for my frustration. I'm not denying I was wrong, but I hope you'll at least understand where I was coming from.

As for the personal accusation, you've rubbed me the wrong way in the past, and some past comments you've made have genuinely insulted me (although you probably didn't mean to), whereas whomod has never done so. So maybe I was painting you a darker shade than whomod, and for that, I also apologize. But I hope you can see where I'm coming from, and that we now understand each other a little better.

Deal?

I apologize for anything that was personally insulting to you, that was not my intention at any time. Athough as you know, passions run high in these discussions.
That's certainly equally true for me, and the type of day I've had can color my reaction as well.

I'm conflicted here, because as I said, I'd like to be conciliatory, and yet I feel slighted and dismissed as well.

I'm sorry for not answering your questions on the other topic, if I'd known it was important to you, I'd have answered immediately. And again, I didn't know your thoughts when writing it, back then. I'm pretty spent tonight, but I'll take a look at it again tomorrow.

I don't know if you've experienced this before, but when you argue with some people simultaneously on these boards, at least for me, it becomes hard to separate who said what, and conversely, it's possible to treat more moderate voices the same as your harshest critics. For my own part in that, I apologize.
I've sometimes gone back to topics where I felt like three or four people were ganging up on me, and re-reading the thread later seen that one or two were laying into me, and the others were much less confrontational.

I've endeavored to answer all your points here, and as I feared, my response has become cumbersomely long.

In re-reading your posts and proofreading what I've posted (those damn quote brackets are hard as hell in long posts, I always miss one or two), and in doing so, I've re-read your comments and tried to read further into where you're coming from.

I don't think you're a liberal propagandist, as my earlier comments might imply. (Although, as I said, I don't think you have total objectivity either, any more than I have total objectivity. )

But combined with other partisanly liberal comments by others, they can be interpreted that way. I get tired of being the Lone Conservative. I often argue that point of view, because so few others do, and then get branded an extremist. I'm just arguing equal time, for a persective that I feel is neglected.

And on the Left, Right, and all subtle grades in between, I doubt any of us believe precisely the same thing. We all run the spectrum of opinion from issue to issue.

But just as you were rubbed the wrong way by some of my comments, I was rubbed the wrong way by your comments about me. And I'm mindful that much of what you said about me is perception on your part, from the little we've crossed paths, not a deep-seated accusation.

So I am struggling to see your perspective.
I hope you have a better understanding of mine as well.

In the heat of so many partisan topics here, that heat has boiled over here too.

The very premise of this topic (which YOU started, by the way) is inflammatory and political, although it's based on an article. But to me the very promotion of such a preposterous idea, as legitimate news, is mockery of conservatives, and the media's willing endorsement of that mockery.
The very title incites partisanship and insult. The article is a prime example of inflammatory liberal rhetoric bashing conservatives.

Although there must be an equivalent conservative piece about liberals out there, somewhere, in the present or past.

quote:
originally posted by Darknight613:

I take it you didn't read my response to Part 1 before posting Part 2.

I did see the comments, after-the-fact. Sorry about the delay in responding.