Quote:

Pig Iron said:
Quote:

harleykwin said:
Quote:

King Snarf said:
Quote:

harleykwin said:
Gargoyles, season 2 (So fuckin' awesome!)

... I love you.

I too am watching this and it is indeed fucking awesome. Also, Slave Labor Graphics, in association with creaturecomics.com and Disney, will be publishing a brand new Gargoyles comic, written by series creator Greg Weisman! Awesome!

I'm honestly amazed that there aren't more fans of this show on these boards - this show had it all: myth and legend - from Shakespeare to Camelot and everything in between; good vs. evil; great battles; romance; betrayal; that whole beauty and the beast element; and fantastic subplots that were never forgotten, but allowed to develop into secondary stories - this was one of the best shows out there - and I'm not qualifying it as best animated show - I mean best show. It was brilliant.

Saw the first disk over the weekend - I loved "The Mirror" with Demona stealing Titania's mirror and Puck wrecking havoc on the whole City. And it was kinda sweet to see the Twin Towers in the skyline again...

Interesting that SLG is the one putting out the comic - I always think of them as putting out "darker" stuff - though I can definitely see Gargoyles taking a very gothic turn...

It seemed interesting, like the Gummi Bears on steroids. strong guy, leader guy. damsel, smart guy, goofy guy..all gargoyles and a cop of course, but standard formula. I think I saw it more than a few times, but very scattered. all the disney TV toons from that era were pretty darn good actually.

mmmmm....gummi bears....

Um, yeah, I never watched the gummi bears - actually, until I read your post I didn't even know that there had been a cartoon about them - so I can't comment on them. Gargoyles may have started off with the "formula" in its first season, but the show completely hit its stride and broke away from the standard cartoon formula in it's second season. I really recommend seeing the whole thing - especially if you're a fan of the '90's Disney animation.

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi