Something else to keep in mind (and this is something I need to find out a LOT more about):

Islam has an oral law called "The Hadith," which as far as I can tell, seems to have equal prominence as the Koran, and contains among other things a series of moral laws.

In Judaism, we have an oral law called The Talmud. the Torah is the guideline, and The Talumd is where we get the actual instructions on how to practice Judaism. The Talmud has equal importance to the Torah, and to go by the Torah literally without the Talmud is not considered to be true Judaism. The Talmud also explains and qualifies some of what's in the Torah, and tempers some of the harsher commandments.

Now, this is just a guess on my part, because I have no idea of what's actually in the Hadith. But it may be possible that the Hadith may have laws and rules that temper the warlike message of The Koran, and many of the hardcore Islamic terrorist fanatics are ignoring the Hadith. I don't know this for sure, and I'm looking into it so that I hopefully will know.

This is why I think a discussion like this needs to be conducted with someone who is actually Muslim who can explain the Hadith and cue us in on stuff like this.

"Well when I talk to people I don't have to worry about spelling." - wannabuyamonkey "If Schumacher’s last effort was the final nail in the coffin then Year One would’ve been the crazy guy who stormed the graveyard, dug up the coffin and put a bullet through the franchise’s corpse just to make sure." -- From a review of Darren Aronofsky & Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One" script