So far I've only been able to read the first article, and I can't believe they're using these New Testament scriptures to validate Christ being okay with taking up arms and going to war.

Matthew 8:5,8,13; Luke 7:2,6; these are about a military officer having faith that Christ is the Messiah and has the power to heal his manservant just by willing it. It says nothing regarding military service, whether Christ agrees with it or not.

Matthew 27:54; Mark 15:39, 44-45, Luke 23:47 regarding a military officer that commented on the events after Jesus died. Again, how does this show God sanctions Military?

Acts 10:1,22 Talks about Cornelius, an Italian military officer who is considered to be the first uncircumsized Gentile Christian. Yes, he is found favorable due to his supplication to God. Still, while he is not condemned for his being an officer he is not praised for it either.

Acts 21:32 A commander heard there was some sort of uproar in Jeruselem (the people were beating Paul) so they went down to stop it and get a hold of the situation. Kind of like riot police.

Acts 22:25-26 They're going to whip Paul, when he mentions he's a Roman citizen so they stop. Why are they using this to try and prove God approves of Military service?

Acts 23:17,23; 24:23 This isn't even grasping at straws. This just feels like they put it there because it includes military reference.

Acts 27:1,6,11,31,43 Roman soldiers were taking Paul and other prisoners to the island of Malta. See my above post.

Acts 28:16 Paul was allowed to stay by himself in Rome but still had to have a soldier guard him.

Not one of those scriptures, especially the majority of the cited Acts scripture, had God or Jesus encouraging Christians to join the military. The Old Testament is a different story, however once Jesus came to Earth to offer himself as a sacrifice, thus fulfilling the Law and setting a new standard, the rules were different. Peace was an order, not an option. Love was the highest command.

In these two passages from the sermon on the mount, Jesus is ordering peace, regardless of the actions of the other.

Matthew 5: 38-40

38 “YOU heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ 39 However, I say to YOU: Do not resist him that is wicked; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other also to him. 40 And if a person wants to go to court with you and get possession of your inner garment, let your outer garment also go to him.

Matt 5:43,44

43 “YOU heard that it was said, ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU.

And I don't think this scripture can be any clearer on Christians going to war...

2 Timothy 2:24,25

24 But a slave of the Lord does not need to fight, but needs to be gentle toward all, qualified to teach, keeping himself restrained under evil, 25 instructing with mildness those not favorably disposed; as perhaps God may give them repentance leading to an accurate knowledge of truth.

So even though the Islamists may have been slaughtering Christians, they were still under a direct command to not fight back, but instead to continue leading an example of peace and teaching Gods will.

Romans 12:17
    17 Return evil for evil to no one.

Vengeance belongs to God, not men.

Romans 12:19
    19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"* says the Lord.

*see Deuteronomy 32:35 for cited scripture.

I'll check out the other articles tomorrow. I'm going to bed.