Quote:

Stupid Doog said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

Y'know, it really bugs me that you addressed me in such a confrontational way.

And even if I am wrong (although I don't think I am), I think it's clear that I'm talking here from my best memory of scripture as I recall it.
I fail to understand your eagerness to see me proven wrong, and attempt to rub it in may face.

Boo hoo.

If you're going to make any claim of biblical pretext, be prepared to back it up. If you just quote from memory without rechecking scripture and expect us to just go along with it be prepared to get hammered.

I did back it up. With multiple sources.

If you go beyond politely responding to the issue discussed, make angry and personal remarks that are completely unnecessary and divert from the issue at hand, prepare to be called the abrasive jerk you've proven yourself to be.

I certainly think you raise a valid issue in asking whether Jesus always advocates peace, or in some cases justifies war and military service as a solution to human conflict if circumstances get bad enough.

I've answered that question, abuntantly.
You've ignored my answers and dismissively ignored that I give Biblical evidence that God/Jesus does not condemn war in all circumstances.

But I did back my argument Biblically, from several sources.

You say that only in the Old Testament does God/Jesus advocate war as a solution.

But as is clear throughout the new testament, and as you previously ignored, since it didn't sink in to you the first time, I'll repeat it:

http://www.gotquestions.org/war.html#warwrong

Question: "I think all war is wrong!  Jesus told us to love each other, not kill each other!"

Answer: ...I do not think your view of war is Biblical. 
    In the Old Testament, God ordered the Israelites to: "Take vengeance on the Midianites for the Israelites" (Num 31:2). 

See also Deuteronomy 20:16-17,
    "However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them--the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites--as the LORD your God has commanded you."

Exodus 17:16 proclaims,
    "He said, "For hands were lifted up to the throne of the LORD. The LORD will be at war against the Amalekites from generation to generation." 

Also, 1 Samuel 15:18,
    "Go and completely destroy those wicked people, the Amalekites; make war on them until you have wiped them out." 

So, obviously God is not against all war.  Jesus is always in perfect agreement with the Father (John 10:30), so we cannot argue that war was only God's will in the Old Testament.  God does not change (Malachi 3:6; James 1:17).

And also Matthew 5:verses 17-18, also from the Sermon on the mount:

Quote:

Jesus said:
17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law of the Prophets" [the Old Testament] "; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

18 "I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter , not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."