Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:its the middle east governments that are the problem, you can't make the blanket statement that all muslims want to overthrow the U.S. Its just silly and bigotted.

I haven't made that statement.

I've criticized tenets of Islam which I believe are dangerous or wrongheaded. I've criticized the faith and its followers for allowing themselves to be co-opted by "holy men" who use those, and similar, tenets to justify acts of evil.

I agree with your statement that the Islamic governments are a problem. However, it must also be noted that often those governments use religion as a basis for what they do.

For example, the leader of Iran has made it clear that his nation's recent acts have been in response to his belief in jihad.

Granted, you can find Christians who do similar things but, I would submit, the same numbers aren't there.

well how do the muslims see bush though? probably the same way we see the muslims. religious people who say god wants them to find wars.
i think if bush were toned down then it'd be harder for these leaders to gain leverage. i also think we shouldn't support israel so strongly. it only has us taking sides.

Bow ties are coool.